Seeking feedback and/or approval on CWG working group drafts

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 15:01:41 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 3:40 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:

> Delegating that power isn't really a possibility.   I think, the CWG can
> make a recommendation in such situations with the expectation that the
> board would generally take it and just rubber stamp it but the board can
> ask for clarifications or override if necessary.  Similar to FPC and FESCo.

The Board very specifically attempts to not involve itself in the
matters of FPC or FESCo. In my time on the Board, I can't recall a
single instance of "OMG, this packaging guideline has got to go!", or
"FESCo didn't accept feature X, Board please help!".

Note that I said in my first mail (which some folks seem not to have
read) that while people assume that the CWG is an appointed body (true
today), they have completed (after this gets accepted with whatever
modifications are deemed appropriate) the very limited set of tasks
they were founded to do. As Kevin mentioned, the existence of, and if
it continues to exist, the composition and selection mechanism of, the
CWG is entirely open for debate.

I personally question the need for the existence of it going forward,
but I think that's a topic for another thread. For this one, lets
concentrate on the documents that were produced.