Proposed governance documents

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 14:26:55 UTC 2011

On 02/22/2011 01:41 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> On 02/22/2011 03:24 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> Going through the governance documents which are generally sound except
>> for this part [1].
>>
>> * Appoint or remove members of itself
>> * Chooses its own method of adding and removing members
>>
>> This has the potential affect to be misused and effectively takes any
>> kind of community involvement out of the picture.
> Do realize that this document, in general, is more about trying to
> define and characterize the status quo.

No I did not realize that I took "proposed governance documents" as
something that was being worked towards not something that already had
come to be but was being better defined and charactarized.

>    And, to my own thinking, that
> statement is fairly accurate.  Do you disagree?
>
> Further, I'd suggest that if you don't like this particular item as
> worded, please do provide constructive suggestions on how to make it better.

?

I think this is some kind of communication breakdown.

I don't know how you came to the conclusions that I thought it was
inaccurate, was disagreeing and thought it was badly worded.

What I pointed out was cons to implementing this and was simply looking
for dialog of the pros for doing so basically the discussion regarding
both of the items I pointed out, the argument with implementing this and
against it simply for the reason that I would not repeat something that
already been discussed.

JBG