The future of optical media within the project.

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 20:42:04 UTC 2011

On 01/13/2011 05:54 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> >  And I know for a fact that the only thing that gets tested at QA is
>> >  preupgrade itself not various upgrade paths for example from a
>> >  various Live media  minimal install and a full blown everything
>> >  install etc..
> Live cannot do updates at all.;)

I think we have a bit miscommunication here I was referring to the
testing of "upgrade" as in we could do better in testing upgrading of
all the spins we give end user as in all the *Live* spins along with the
DVD with *everything* installed of it.

It goes without saying that there is no way we can test upgrading every
package we ship in every possible combination but at least I feel that
we should test what we handout to the end user.

JBG