Remaining issues for the multi desktop DVD (was: Re: Dear Fedora board, please open your trac)

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Mon Jan 17 17:31:48 UTC 2011

DISCLAIMER: I am speaking for myself - all opinions are my own.

The board seems to agree that a process for any new ISO/spin calling
itself Fedora is needed, particularly when people are trying to do new
things and innovate in ways that haven't been explored previously.
I think/hope the board will likely delegate much of that to
FESCo/RelEng/QA for actual requirements.

In the absence of that policy there appears to be a number of people
who wouldn't have a problem with approving the trademark request if QA
and RelEng gave it a thumbs up.

Accordingly, (and hopefully to stop the endless email thread that
doesn't seem to be getting us anything but frustration) I have created
tickets in QA and RelEng's trackers for review and opinion on the
multi-dvd spin:

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/164
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/4342

Hopefully this will move us along a bit.

Thanks,

David Nalley

DISCLAIMER: I am speaking for myself - all opinions are my own.