Subdomain request: fudcon.fedoraproject.org

Francesco Crippa fcrippa at byte-code.com
Wed Jun 15 12:39:47 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 12:25, Robyn Bergeron <rbergero at redhat.com> wrote:
> * How does this subdomain differentiate itself from all of the other
> fudcons happening? We are likely to have 3 within the space of about
> four months - Milan in October, APAC likely in November or December, and
> then NA in January.  Would it be possible to have it be fudconmilan.fp.o
> or something similar? Or perhaps fudcon.fp.o/milan, and have one
> centralized page for fudcons in general (which might a great team/group
> project, if someone wanted to take on leadership), and then the ability
> to send people to a specific event page?

for me it's ok something like:

 fudcon-milan.fedoraproject.org
 fudcon-emea.feoraproject.org

In "long term" perspective a dispatcher page will be very interesting,
but I'm not sure if there's time now to coordinate this effort

> * I realize that wiki is not the best user experience for event
> promotion - but will attendees still need to preregister on the wiki
> page? How will you ensure that information on the wiki, and changes to
> the wiki, are being reflected on the website, or vice versa?

user registration on the wiki is the worse user experience possible
(starting from the login, ending to the wiki syntax, passing for
'sensible information' like the tshirt size available for search
engine....)

I really hope we can use a 'simple form' for Fudcon Milan (the
organizers and I will keep the wiki up2date manually, just reporting
the name of the participants)

Take care
Francesco