Subdomain request: fudcon.fedoraproject.org

neville at taygon.com neville at taygon.com
Wed Jun 15 23:21:27 UTC 2011

> Before we setup anything....
>
> 1. There is a google summer of code project to
>
> "Create a fedora events system to manage the events which is currently
> being done over the wiki right now"
>
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/google/gsoc2011/hiemanshu/22001
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_coding_ideas_for_2011#Create_a_Fedora_Events_System
>
> http://nushio.fedorapeople.org/fes/roadmap.html
>
> This work I think has been moving forward with the fedora insight
> system (a drupal instance) and coordinated on the fedora logistics
> list.
>
> Perhaps working together with them would be good before designing and
> building a new site for this? Or if it's not going to be done in time,
> we could look at a stop gap domain, etc.

<snip>

I stongly agree with you. At FAmSCo we were saying same thing, we have to
coordinate wit this effort.

In this case, what I see is that event "thing" is kind of a news-stand
where public can find up-coming events. Some of those events will be
fudcons. Fudcon are big event with a lot of details that will requiere a
place to show all that nice stuff. Probably the calendar will not be a
good place for all the details. But sure it will be good starting point to
direct people to read further.

So, again, linking both ideas makes a lot of sense.

Neville