Looking for feedback on Fedora COC Enforcement Draft

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 17:43:28 UTC 2011

On 03/02/2011 04:07 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> So, my strong opinion is that we do not require any explicit signing of
> this, instead we note that it's the case for "everyone who is using
> Fedora project resources".

Agreed.

What's the purpose of explicit requiring signing of COCE if the biggest
question of them all still remains unanswered. . .

If we take the worst possible outcome and we have to expel one of our
own what's preventing him to return under a new *online* entity

Today we expelled "John" and tomorrow he returns to the community as
"Jane".. . .

It only comes logical that if you got corporate entity and it's managers
breathing down your neck, effectively preventing you from expressing
yourself freely  you work around that by creating alternative identity
untraceable by that corporate entity and it's managers and for various
other reasons.

Having several on-line identities is actually coming very common these
days and generally worldwide accepted thanks to Corporates + privacy
issues, Facebook and other social networking sites where it's common
that people create 3 separates accounts one for family, one for work and
one for friends hence I would not be surprised if some people exist
under multiple identities already within our community on irc, mailing
lists etc. and express themselves differently depending on which mask
they wear that day..

So it's ilogical to require any explicit signing of anything if you cant
enforce that agreement should someone break it..

JBG