Fedora Project and Fedora Board

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Fri May 13 23:07:51 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Robert 'Bob' Jensen
<bob at fedoraunity.org> wrote:

> One of my requirements to accepting the nomination is that at least 10 people have to pledge all their Fedora Board votes exclusively to me, this means you don't give "range votes" to anyone else. You also put your name on the wiki page endorsing me, post about it on your blog, your facebook, the footers in your emails.

This seems an absolutely insane requirement, and very much against
what Fedora stands for (or at least what I believe Fedora stands for).
Fedora is a meritocracy, in which the people that rise to the top do
it by doing actual work, not by pulling publicity stunts like this.
You say that this is not about popularity, but then proceed to pull
something like this (which amounts to no more than attempting to raise
your popularity, and artificially diminish votes for others).

Also, destroying the confidentiality of the voting process (which is
what you're doing by forcing people to come out and say how they
voted) destroys the integrity of said process, in any context (be it
an election for the Fedora Board or the President of the United
States)

As someone that's running for election, that's all I'm going to say on
this matter. However, with me, people are free to vote any way that
they choose :)