Improving the Spins process

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 22:04:48 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:

> Well, they're important becasue they have been the defined products that
> we produce, outside of even the Spins process. (They're actually referred to
> in the spins process as being separate bases that Spins can build on.)

While I agree that this is historically true, and had merit at some
point, I think that everything that we produce is in reality a "spin".
Either a spin used for installation, or a live spin. The reason that I
say this is that everything is produced with the same tools. Why not
have it use the same process - at a technical level, the products
aren't at all different.

> Also, 'make sure the design team is happy with the artwork'? Maybe I'm
> missing something, but I don't see that in the spins process anywhere as
> something that spins go through.

While I don't see it on the page now that I look, I had been under the
impression that design team signoff was part of the process.