Approving Spins

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 15:30:49 UTC 2012

Am Donnerstag, den 06.12.2012, 10:57 +0000 schrieb "Jóhann B.
Guðmundsson":
> On 12/06/2012 09:24 AM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, den 06.12.2012, 00:08 +0000 schrieb "Jóhann B.
> > Guðmundsson":
> >> If memory serves me correct ( think we where talking about this year or
> >> two back ) the board/spin sig and QA had to initially sign off a new spin.
> > Does QA test anything besides GNOME and KDE? If not, why should they
> > have to sign off a spin?
>
> Ensure any QA assurance is done on any hands out media for the project.

Not really. LXDE and Xfce are handed out, but they are hardly tested, at
least not by QA folks.

I think it's good to *consult* QA and let them know "hey, there is a new
spin", but as long as there is no guarantee it gets tested properly, I
don't see why QA would have to *sign it off*.

Kind regards,
Christoph