Endorsement of https://github.com/fedoraproject

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 16:42:30 UTC 2012

On IRC, someone brought up another point: github is not opensource.

The Board hasn't yet written down an exact policy regarding using
opensource for third party resources  but I suspect if we drafted a
policy and held a vote it would look something like this at the
moment: "When using third party services, we should use open source
alternatives when they are available."

So another question to be considered is whether github provides a
service that isn't available from other, open source third-parties.

-Toshio