First use of Infinity Logo

Pam Chestek pchestek at redhat.com
Thu Feb 9 14:49:22 UTC 2012

All,

I'm hoping for someone who can knows, or can find out, some tiny pieces
of information for me.  We are filing an application to register the
copyright in the Infinity logo in China.  For the application, we need
the exact date of publication and the place of publication, which for
purposes of an online publication would be where the server was located.

The Wayback Machine show the first use of the logo online in April,
2006.  Does anyone have any information on the exact date it was
published?  Second, does anyone know for sure where our servers were in
April, 2006 (or whatever date the logo was first published)?  I have
information that the main Fedora server was at Duke, but was moved to
Phoenix, and the person didn't know exactly when the servers were moved.

Thanks,

Pam Chestek
Sr. IP Attorney
Red Hat, Inc.