First use of Infinity Logo

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 10 08:57:40 UTC 2012

Am Donnerstag, den 09.02.2012, 17:03 -0800 schrieb Max Spevack:
> More:
>
> The first release of Fedora that made use of the current logo was Fedora
> Core 5, which had its final release on March 20, 2006.
>
> The logo would have also been in the pre-release versions of Fedora Core
> 5, in the time leading up.  Someone could go through and figure out
> exactly which RPM first contained the new logo, and the date on which
> that RPM was first made available, if necessary.

The logo is contained in the fedora-logos package.

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/archive/fedora/linux/core/5/source/SRPMS/fedora-logos-1.1.42-1.src.rpm

On the server the package has a timestamp of 06-Mar-2006 22:34.

The package meta data is as follows:

Name        : fedora-logos
Version     : 1.1.42
Release     : 1
Architecture: noarch
Install Date: (not installed)
Group       : System Environment/Base
Size        : 943228
License     : Copyright � 1999-2005 Red Hat, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Mon Mar  6 23:33:58 2006, Key ID
b44269d04f2a6fd2
Source RPM  : (none)
Build Date  : Wed Mar  1 05:41:16 2006
Build Host  : hs20-bc1-4.build.redhat.com
Relocations : (not relocatable)
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
Vendor      : Red Hat, Inc.
Summary     : Red Hat-related icons and pictures.
Description :
The fedora-logos package (the "Packages") contain image files which
incorporate the Fedora trademark and the RPM logo (the "Marks").
The Marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc.
in the United States and other countries and are used by permission.

The timestamp of the png graphics inside the source tarball is
2006-03-01 05:37:41

I guess there are older versions of the rpm out there, but I fail to
find the Fedora 5 pre-releases on the archive server. Do we have them
internally somewhere?

Regards,
Christoph