Requests for Advice from the Board

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 11:01:54 UTC 2012

On 02/13/2012 06:05 PM, inode0 wrote:
> people are ranting because the experience how buggy are
> features in the GA-releases if they are in such a not
> conesquently thought state at alpha
>
> the last releases it was always fact that they was not ready until
> GA and if they can't be fixed then "common bugs" are listed in
> the release notes
>
> the problem is here that first the work/change/feature is started as
> happend often in the past and in the middle of the work more
> and more people coming with things nobody cared in tghe planning
> phase what let many of us feel like "there is nothing planned, there
> were people starting and forcing without any thoughts and the hope
> that all will get sorted until GA"

I'm currently working on a proposal which might help solve this which I
have open with the board in the trac system.

I'm seeking two things from the board in that regard before I finish the
proposal ( or make it more concrete so to speak ) and presenting that to
the community and or open it with fesco/releng/qa for further discussion
and feedback.

1. Rough feedback to the rough proposal as it is in the relevant ticket
(question thoughts comments ).
2. The board to reach within the walls of Red Hat to see if there is any
will from Red Hat to participation/cooperation in the proposal and if so
to what extent Red Hat is willing to participate and what they would
seek from such cooperation ( It would be illogical for Red Hat not to be
willing to participate in it from my pov ).

The content of the proposal is not depended on Red Hat
participation/cooperation in it however the outcome of that decision is
a decisive factor on how I continue to proceed with writing of that
proposal since lack of their involvement might mean a bit more work for
us to do and how we do it.

JBG