Fedora Torrent seeder plans and future

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 09:09:02 UTC 2012

On 20/01/12 23:23, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> Solutions/Suggestions:
>
> 1. Discontinue torrent seeding before F17 alpha.

I prefer torrents, but if you need to free up resourses\security.
No problem, if 2 or 4 enabled.

> 2. Discontinue torrent seeding, but generate "official" torrent files
> for download so others in the community could seed if they wished to.

I would prefer, if infra uploaded them,
to whatever tracker for peace of mind.
(uploaded by ruth.kitt12)

> 3. Continue providing a torrent seeder, but set some kind of threshold
> for when we might want to discontinue it down the road.

temp solution, not the best.

  > 4. Publish a magnet link and point to sites like openbittorrent.com as
> a tracker (with direct download also listed).

As long as the official ones die\are removed at official EOL time

Personally, I d\l all the Fedora torrents,
and reseed, until "no authorised" time.
Would have no objection to continue to do so.
F14 is still running :)

--
Regards,

Frank Murphy