Fedora naming proposal

Pam Chestek pchestek at redhat.com
Mon Jul 30 13:33:21 UTC 2012

On 7/30/2012 9:30 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> The proposal, if it were adopted, would start at Fedora 19 at earliest.

We will still need to do legal clearance on the names, which will screw
up the numbering if you run into one that isn't available.  It's also
not something we can do very far in advance - the trademark registers
change all the time, so we need to do our clearances at a point in time
that is relatively close to when we actually begin to use the name.

Pam