[Ambassadors] Runoff election for Board seat has begun.

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 23:34:10 UTC 2012

On 06/12/2012 11:06 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Well there are several aspects of the election process that don't seem
fair and reasonable to me from general and community perspective so
let's agree on disagreeing on this topic.

In essence I would think we would want to have the greatest diversity in
our governing structure otherwise this election will essential still
just be popularity contest and feel unwelcome ( and with impossible odds
) to new people that want to participate in it.

I would think it was a fair rule to be able to run for all governing
body's ( as long as you are not serving in one ) then choose which one
you will serve should you get elected to more then one and the runner(s)
up would grab that/those seat(s) that the individual chose to leave behind.

And in addition to the above I feel that we should have a limit on how
many terms the same individual can serve in the same governing body to
ensure we always have rotation on new people that bring in fresh
perspective, fresh approaches and fresh ideas in those governing body's.

JBG