[Ambassadors] Runoff election for Board seat has begun.

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 13 00:00:10 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 5:50 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has there been a survey which ask people why they don't participate in
> voting or running for office to confirm/deny what you mention or did those
> that rejected it merely base it on an hunch?

Not that I know of, but if people don't take the time to participate
in voting, I doubt you'd get a representative sample of them to
participate in your survey to tell you why they didn't participate in
the elections.

> Do we have any "election committee" filled with people not already serving
> in any of those governing body's being elected to that manages and oversee
> the election process and anything that goes with it. ( like producing
> participation stats etc. )?

No, we have an "Election Wrangler".  That person volunteers to make
sure the elections happen in a smooth and organized way.  Having been
the FPL and run elections with and without the help of an Election
Wrangler, I can say that it's a huge help, even though it doesn't get
a lot of fanfare or attention.  So, for whatever it's worth, I'm going
to tip my hat to the Election Wranglers that have helped make our
elections better.  Thank you for stepping up and making the FPL's job
easier.

If you're interested in making the elections better, feel free to
volunteer to be the the next Election Wrangler.  And for those of you
following along and home and who didn't already know this, inode0 was
our Election Wrangler for the recent election cycle.

--
Jared Smith