[Ambassadors] Runoff election for Board seat has begun.

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 02:13:11 UTC 2012

On 06/13/2012 01:10 AM, Clint Savage wrote:
> There is an election committee in a sense. The folks that set the
> rules for the elections are the folks voted into the various
> committees. I was involved in the recent changes to the FAmSCo
> election rules and we did do that by committee. Again, the point here
> is that if you voted someone in, you essentially trust them to perform
> these actions to make sure the work is getting done. I am happy with
> the results we've seen in the changes, though I do wish more people
> would vote as well.

Arguably it would be better to just have a single dedicated "election
committee" for the project in whole thus eliminate any differences in
governing body's voting process we currently have and might have in the
future to smooth the election process and the learning curve that goes
with it for the nominees and the voters.

For example then we could consolidating the voting process into a single
process instead of having users having select and to vote individually
for each governing body.

As in user logs into vote *onetime* and is presented with a voting card
to elect *all* the nominees for *all* governing body's which of course
would be separated sections as in something like..

[Fedora Project Board]
( list of nominees)
Joe    [0]
John  [0]
Mary [0]
etc..

[FESCO]
( list of nominees)
Siri             [0]
Robertino  [0]
Martines    [0]
etc..

[FamSCo]
( list of nominees)
Lisa       [0]
Robert  [0]
Mike      [0]
etc..

The above would simplified the process and more likely than not raise
awareness and participation in voting for another governing body in the
community.

People that dont "care" or otherwise dont want to participate in voting
for any of the governing body's being presented to them would just leave
the default [0] for the nominees in the relevant section unchanged when
submitting the vote.

Of course participation should be measured and compared to previous
participation in the project should this be implemented.

JBG