[Ambassadors] Runoff election for Board seat has begun.

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 03:21:07 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:56 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  Be aware though
>> that the eligible voters are not the same for each governance body so
>> this could be a little tricky.
>

> Arguably eligible voters and nominees should always be the same for each
> governance body as in anyone from within the community can run for anything
> and vote on anything ( One thing I think should be fixed in the election
> process ).

That doesn't make any sense, really (though I think with the recent
FESCo and FAMSCo changes, it might for now - I think everyone has
moved to CLA+1)

If you're not an Ambassador, for example, what concern is it of yours
how that group is governed (though since FAMSco is managing budget
these days, I think that's why they relaxed their eligibility
requirement, though not being directly involved I can't say) or who
does it? I admit that you could just not vote in that election if it's
not of concern to you, however there's a process involved in becoming
an Ambassador (for example, I'm picking on them because they most
recently had the "only members of our group can vote" policy) and if
you haven't completed that process, what say should you have in the
governance of that group? (again, the criteria for FAMSCo elections
have been relaxed, primarily because they *can* affect other groups in
the project with monetary decisions).