[Ambassadors] Runoff election for Board seat has begun.

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 16:04:41 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Robert 'Bob' Jensen
<bob at fedoraunity.org> wrote:
> ----- "inode0" <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 7:29 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
>> <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:

>> bizarre to
>> >>

>> > If I'm not mistaken he already wields that power + it's a fail safe
>> if we
>> > dont have enough nominees to fill up the seats for the governing
>> body being
>> > voted for.
>>
>> The FPL has appointment power only for 4 seats on the Board and in the
>> case when there might be open elected seats on the Board. So if only
>> two people had run for the Board this election the FPL would have
>> appointed the one empty elected seat. There is no FPL power to appoint
>> anyone to FESCo or to FAmSCo in any situation.
>>
>> FESCo and FAmSCo have different rules governing what they do in the
>> case of unfilled or otherwise open seats.
>>

> OK lets clear a few things up here. First Red Hat appoints the 4 seats on the board[1] not the FPL.
> Second the FPL does have this "broad power" already for the board[2].
>
> -- Bob
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board#Introduction See the second paragraph.

Despite what that executive summary says it is the FPL who appoints
members, not Red Hat. See the APPOINTED SEATS sections here.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/SuccessionPlanning

> [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/SuccessionPlanning See the INSUFFICIENT NOMINATIONS
> section.

Yes, this is what I said above although I don't think I would
characterize a power that has never had the circumstances necessary to
trigger it and that is confined to one body where the power resides in
the chairman of that body as being broad.

John