The Future of release names

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu May 10 06:35:48 UTC 2012

On 05/09/2012 08:19 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>
>>       * An opportunity for marketing. At Berlin we'll be giving away
>>         free hotdogs.
>
> I think the F17 name is an anomaly in that regard.  How are you going
> to give away spherical cows, or zod, or leonidas?

If you are creative enough, you can draw marketing opportunities from
*everything*:
- Leonidas incidentally matched the release of the "300" movie, Spartans
and stuff... some of us used it like that;
- Zod was very early, when the community was underdeveloped, but it one
of the most awesome release names we ever had. One word: superheroes!
- Spherical Cow... that's still new and we have to do a bit of thinking,
but you can have for example simplified versions of anything.