Fedora naming proposal based on Periodic Table of Elements

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 11 18:07:06 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-10-11 at 10:58 -0700, Luis Villa wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > All after that fall into the 'internet is full of jerks in comments' and
> > should be ignored.
>
> +1. Don't let the loudmouths determine project policy - unless you've
> got a really, really good reason to think they are representative.

Search for articles announcing the codenames and read through the
comments; the majority are negative.

Have we now gone from:

"Nobody outside of Fedora cares"

"Okay, people outside of Fedora think it's stupid too, but since they're
rude Internet jerks we should pretend they don't exist"

??

I'd certainly like the folks who work on the project and don't want
their work to be a joke to dictate the policy.....

~m