Computer shop - Fedora machines

Tristan Santore tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net
Fri Aug 9 09:08:29 UTC 2013

On 09/08/13 10:04, Zoltan Hoppar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Inside the HU community - come alive an theme as we would like to open
> later a computer store where the HU community wants to sell custom
> machines, laptops, and boxes with Fedora on it. How is that possible,
> or it's possible at all? Guys here would like to follow the system76
> like method, just for Fedora.....
>
> So, guys has asked me about the legal and other possible problems,
> requirements (eg. trademark papers), blockers and such.
> We would be grateful to have advise around this theme that I can
> forward to our community members.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Zoltan Hoppar
> Fedora Community HU

Zoltan,

The link below might help you. Any other questions, you might want to
email us on the legal list.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Trademark_guidelines#OEM_pre-loads_of_combinations_of_Fedora_software_with_non-Fedora_or_modified_Fedora_software

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Tristan

--

Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE
Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore at fedoraproject.org