Request: ban Harald Reindl from devel@

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu May 23 09:00:01 UTC 2013

On 05/23/2013 08:38 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-05-23 at 08:29 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> No matter how you look at it, the cost of successfully banning an
>> individual in the project will eventually come with the hefty price on
>> joining.
> Unless I am misreading the title of the thread, I believe the request is
> not to be someone from the project, just from the mailing lists.
> This would still allow this person to be active in other places but
> somewhat less public.

You cant successfully ban an individual from our mailing lists since
there are relevantly easy ways to circumvent that and I would think that
it was already within the power of the relevant list admins to do if
they think individuals cross the line.

Seriously we should not be wasting everyones time if that's the case,
they should just go ahead and ban. Doing so is no different then an
three strike ( the list admins telling individuals they are crossing the
line ) kick on IRC followed by BANNED and it really should not require
involvement of the board/cwg no more then it's not required for irc
channels.

If not it defeats the purpose of having list admins in the first place
and us ( the community ) placing trust in them ( list admins ) taking
appropriate actions when it becomes necessary...

If we are not talking about permanently ban an individual from the
project the list admins should just go ahead and block/ban him.

JBG