Unofficial Fedora Remix being advertised on the project front page

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 16:06:30 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 11:00 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is nothing but good to have plethora of remixes however we cannot be
> wasting project resources dealing with their problems ( depending how far
> the unofficial remixes are from as and which component they add which we do
> not ship it can be extremely difficult to reproduce the bug they are
> experiencing. )

What is an example of an official remix? I don't understand the
distinction between official and unofficial remixes? Aren't all
remixes outside the scope of the Fedora Project and unofficial from
our perspective?

> But any how is it different that we advertise and point to for example
> rpmfusion.org but we can point to unofficial remix?

Pidora does not contain anything prohibited by Fedora as far as I
know. I believe it is a remix because it rebuilds the kernel at this
point.

John