Unofficial Fedora Remix being advertised on the project front page

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Wed Oct 16 16:54:05 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 04:39:43PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 10/16/2013 04:06 PM, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> >Specific legal queries should probably be directed to legal@, but if you
> >think this is something that needs clarifying I'll bring it up with the
> >rest of the board and get it looked at.
>
> Clarification on where we draw the line legally and community wise
> regarding 3rd party remixes is needed I thought that was pretty
> obvious

No, it's not obvious. I don't know what you're asking for. What are your
legal concerns?

As far as community concerns go, the only concrete point you've raised
is that remix-specific bugs sometimes get filed in our bugzilla. How can
we fix this? Would ensuring that the useragent header in remixes is
modified and then using that to flag bug submissions be sufficient?

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org