Board/Project Governance

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Mon Sep 9 14:51:52 UTC 2013

Josh Boyer (jwboyer at gmail.com) said:
> On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 6:45 AM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > I'm curious as to what people think.  I'm putting this out there as a
> > discussion starter.  Hopefully the discussion it generates is positive
> > and thought provoking.
>
> So, I was serious when I said the above.  I mean, I figured maybe
> comments would be light on Friday, but it's been 3 days and only two
> people have made any comments at all (thank you).  None of the Board
> members have said anything.
>
> Or have I done the impossible?  Have I proposed something that is
> either universally agreeable or universally hated?  Seems unlikely.

The suggested composition of representatives from existing groups that all
have their own 'day jobs' in Fedora seems like an organization model that
optimizes for better focus around 'doing the things that we are doing', as
opposed to 'doing new things that we aren't doing'.

This is neither good nor bad - it's just a choice. Is there an idea that
something like the move to the multiple products that Matt Miller is
proposing would be more or less likely to come from this new sort of
organization?

Bill