Community Domain

Tristan Santore tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net
Wed Sep 25 10:42:39 UTC 2013

On 25/09/13 03:05, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-09-23 at 22:36 -0500, Robert 'Bob' Jensen wrote:
>> Please, whenever possible "Default to Open" little good ever comes
>> from private discussions.
>
> [1]
> http://www.scrye.com/wordpress/nirik/2013/02/12/default-to-open-please/
>
> Arif, Tommy: Are you open to a meeting on Saturday where APAC members
> can sit down and talk this over to find a solution? Neither of David,
> Tuan or me, who I think are quite active, have heard anything about this
> stand off that you seem to have come to.
>
> You can always ask the Board to resolve the issue if we can't solve it
> ourselves. However, it'll be a really really bad sign if Ambassadors
> from the same region cannot get along!
>
> The meeting will be at the usual time: 0400UTC on Saturday 28th on
> #fedora-meeting. I sincerely hope that you will take this opportunity to
> solve this issue and move forward.
>
> Please let me know and I'll schedule the meeting.
>
> Please mail me any and all links/information that would be useful in us
> making an informed decision. Please read the post[1].

Ankur,

I do recall this very well. They had a dispute of sorts, about who was
running what, from what I remember.

I told them to sort themselves out and stop acting like dictatorial
children! This seemed to work for a while and now they are back to
square one.

I wish they would realise, that this is not about them, this is about
serving the Fedora communities of their country. Not their own little
band of Fedora warriors.

Although, after hearing about issues AGAIN from this community, maybe
the communities site should be brought under control and hosted by
Fedora infra, with git commit access to each and every person of that
community, so that everyone can post stuff for their respective little
groups/areas. Maybe split up the site into states/regions of the
respective country to avoid future disputes.

Regards,

Tristan

--
Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE
Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore at fedoraproject.org