[Request for Comments] Governance change for Fedora Project

Carl Trieloff cctrieloff at redhat.com
Mon Aug 18 20:21:07 UTC 2014

Great post...

Today the board is there is something goes wrong... which is ok, but a
passive role.

So what is not happing to the full extent it could  -- the key question:

1.) We are not collectively agree-ing on priorities.
2.) We are not the aligning our resources (volunteer, funds, corporate
requests) with these aims
3.) We are not measuring to see how we are doing against these priorities
4.) We are not then adjusting and trying alternate approaches to improve.
5.) We are not creating max leverage from tech to marketing and such
functions in the project

The goal is NOT to micromanage anything. However the role of the board
should be to remove barriers, align and get resources for projects to
succeed as needed, and sponsor initiatives in the project that advance
the position of the project.

Carl.