Proposal: Revision of policy surrounding 3rd party and non-free software

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 00:55:33 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-21 at 19:36 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > PS: Anyone that feels that "free choices suck", needs to move to
> > Mac/Windows already and be done with it.
>
> I'd prefer they write a patch to fix the things that suck, or a bug
> report if they can't write code.  If nobody did that then Open Source
> software wouldn't work or exist, including Fedora.  Please be mindful
> of the replies you give to people.  Empower them to make a difference.
>  Don't kill your contributor and user base by telling them to use a
> non-free OS because they point out something is suboptimal.

My statement reads completely different out of context. The context for
me entire e-mail was Matthias' statement:

> If you want to keep our users from seeing non-free options to keep
> them
> from recognizing that the free choices suck, then you've already
> admitted defeat...

It is meant for people that are more than willing to simply move to
non-free software because "free software sucks" rather than trying to
improve it, as you've pointed out.

I read my mails a few times before I send them. I apologize if it wasn't
clear enough.
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,