Proposal: Revision of policy surrounding 3rd party and non-free software

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Jan 22 14:19:20 UTC 2014

On 01/22/2014 07:47 AM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> There have been no discussions within Red Hat about changing how the
> Fedora kernel is handled, nor how binary blobs are handled

Personally, I'm afraid this thread is going off into the weeds beyond
mere policy and into implementation details.

Let me state on the record with my own board hat on, that any proposal I
endorse, at this time, must specifically omit kernel modules.  Largely,
so that we can take some baby steps without getting hung up on this one
issue.

-- Rex