Proposal: Revision of policy surrounding 3rd party and non-free software

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 17:17:44 UTC 2014

Hi

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> I don't understand what problem moving this information is meant to
> solve.

*  Consistent with the Fedora's focus on free and open source software and
wiki guidelines on not documenting non-free software.  We don't need to
have special exceptions anymore.

* Lower barrier to entry since Ask Fedora doesn't require a FAS account to
contribute.  Any open id login is fine.

*  It allows one to provide more direct and helpful instructions instead of
just vague hints on installing additional software from third party
repositories.

Rahul