FW: On Fedora's Localization platform

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 17 20:11:15 UTC 2014

> The Board hasn't answered this specific question, but it did recently
> reject a proposal to allow third party repositories to be searched for
> non-free software.  That decision possibly somewhat contradicts giving
> TM approval to various Fedora groups hosting their code on github
> (including Fedora Infrastructure).  It's inconsistent at best.  I
> think this specific question is a great one for the Board to tackle
> regardless of any Transifex discussions.
>
> josh

*nods*

What worries me is that people are using such platforms because our
tools are not collaborative-friendly enough.
If we decide to ban the use of non-free platforms, that means that we
have to find alternatives and help the transitioning.

As for github-replacement, I'm aware that some of our peers are
working on progit.

regards,
H.