Openness and naming... board lists, issue tracker, and channels

Matt Domsch matt at domsch.com
Thu Jun 5 21:02:14 UTC 2014

Historically, the fedora-advisory-board list was created as a place (aside
from fedora-devel) to discuss community-wide not purely technical topics.
 It was also self-nominated - if you found the list and chimed in, then you
were a part of it - there wasn't a formal membership policy, invitation
method, or even exclusion method or intent.  Yes, Fedora Project Board
members (past and present), candidates, election wranglers, program
managers, etc. would usually join and contribute, so it was in a sense an
"inner circle" - those who cared to participate in the politics of Fedora.

Use of the list (and corresponding IRC channel) has diminished greatly in
the last couple years - so one can debate the necessity of either channel.
 But I suspect those conversations are still necessary and happening
somewhere (where, I'm not sure, as my dayjob commitments have kept me from
being as active in Fedora in recent years).

Thanks,
Matt