public tickets to the list?

Garrett Holmstrom gholms at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 20 19:04:48 UTC 2014

On Jun 20, 2014 8:36 AM, "Matthew Miller" <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> So, we have a new public trac instance at <https://fedorahosted.org/board/
>.
>
> On some Fedora mailing lists, tickets from the related trac instances are
> CC'd to the mailing list. This has some appeal -- it means that the
tickets
> aren't just off in a place where no one looks, and it means you can follow
> what's going on just by subscribing here.
>
> On the other hand, I don't want tickets to crowd out actual discussion. As
> we move some of the two dozen open tickets from public to private, there
is
> likely to be a lot of ticket traffic¹ in the coming week or so. I think it
> won't generally be an overwhelming factor after that.
>
> But, it's _really_ supposed to be a list primarily for discussion. So,
what
> do you all think?

I'll be honest:  I was somewhat annoyed when you did this on the cloud list
because trac is terrible at threading, but once I came up with a filter for
them that problem largely went away.  I think it's better to risk having
too much info on the list than too little -- if it becomes a common source
of complaints then it's easy to dial back.

--
Garrett Holmstrom