Fedora Plasma Product, feedback please

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 12:24:14 UTC 2014

On 03/28/2014 12:08 PM, Christian Schaller wrote:
> The standards based approach has been attempted for 13 years now,
> and for all those 13 years I have yet to meet anyone who likes or
> thinks the LSB approach is working.

The existance and benefits of standard have been proven for thousand of
years ( what is weights and measures other then standards ) but that
undesputable fact aside I dont see how the failure of LSB as an standard
which boils down to it being drive/dominated by Red Hat and Novell/Suse
and the lack of it being capable of keeping up with changes in the
GNU/Linux ecosystem, can be applied to the work that is being done here
or it being mapped one to one with that work.

JBG