[board] #12: Fedora Council Charter Draft: collect concerns for revisions in preparation for vote

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 00:28:41 UTC 2014

Hi

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 4:24 PM, board <trac at fedorahosted.org> wrote:

> #12: Fedora Council Charter Draft: collect concerns for revisions in
> preparation
> for vote
> ------------------------+---------------------
>  Reporter:  mattdm      |     Owner:  mattdm
> Component:  Board Meta  |  Keywords:
> ------------------------+---------------------
>  I promised I'd work on what the council proposal would look like as an
>  actual wiki page to replace http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board. So, is a
>  draft:
>
>  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MatthewMiller/council-draft

"The previous structure had five members directly appointed by Red Hat and
five elected at large. The current structure is more complicated but has a
much greater proportion of members selected by the community by election or
merit."

Don't see how.  Earlier it was 5 (appointed) vs 5 (elected).  This proposal
is 2 (elected) vs 4 (appointed), right?  What am I missing?

Rahul