[board] #12: Fedora Council Charter Draft: collect concerns for revisions in preparation for vote

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 2 23:13:56 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 02, 2014 at 06:17:09PM -0400, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > the new decision-making process focuses on voice, and discussion and
> > listening when there are differences of opinion. That gives considerably
> > more weight to both the elected and merit-based representative positions.
> Thanks for clarifying.  I see that the draft already mentions that there
> is no benevolent dictator and is consensus driven but if there is no veto
> power, would you mind explicitly stating that? Thanks

I'll put it in the history section. In the new model, _all_ voting members
can block -- effectively veto -- with a valid reason. The FPL does have the
power to "unstick" things if consensus genuinely can't be reached and a
decision needs to be made, but that's a very different tone.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>