representative council roles [was Re: [board] #9: board vote on reorganization proposals]

Pete Travis lists at petetravis.com
Thu Sep 11 17:06:26 UTC 2014

On 09/11/2014 07:39 AM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> <snip>

> And as written above, this touches quite a lot of the coordination
part, I'm as PGM trying to do (and should try harder!), so I offer FPGM
help to cover it/do the umbrella for the council, meetings services for
free :). This could actually lead to recognize FPGM as formal member
within Fedora governance.

A big +1 from me here. Jaroslav (and his predecessors in the position)
do an extraordinary job of keeping track of what's going on in Fedora.
Besides being well informed and capable, he'll know who to bring in for
incidental things.  IMO, not giving the FPGM an active role in these
discussions would be like cutting off your own foot, and then shooting it.

(Not that I think he'd be ignored without an official position on the
council, of course)

--
-- Pete Travis
 - Fedora Docs Project Leader