Announcing the Diversity Advisor search team

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 16 14:44:12 UTC 2015

I'm pleased to announce the formation of the search team for our
Diversity Advisor position. I was excited and moved by all of the
introductions received. In no particular order, the search team will
be:

 * María Leandro
 * K Rain Leander
 * Tsegga Siyoum Medhin
 * Tyler Golden
 * Spencer Hunley
 * Marina Zhurakhinskaya
 * Alejandro Sanchez
 * Máirín Duffy
 * Amita Sharma

The group has a new mailing list at
 <https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/diversity/>
and is working on first steps — a first meeting, and filling out the
role description a little more concretely. (Once that's ready, I or the
team will send out another, wider annoucement.)

As noted before, at the end of this process the end, I'm looking for a
recommendation, or failing consensus, a strong shortlist. I don't have
a particular deadline in mind, as long as there isn't stagnation. If
the recommendation ends up being one of the awesome people listed
above, I don't think that's a problem.

If you're interested in learning more, please feel free to follow or
join the diversity mailing list.

(And, thank you and welcome to the search team members!)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>