FAD planning changes (impact over budget; approval process)

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 15:47:19 UTC 2015

Hi,

I think these are good ideas, binding the budget and council - but yet
we don't have any tool that can collect, handle or makes it visible
for all teams activities, requests, how much money we left, and
control around our resources (event, swag, ambassadors, collaboration
between another teams - assignments). We need an tool for this that
all the council and the regions can use, FPL can filter our necessary
data, where we members can see, assign, run and connect things
together. We have tons of resources: events, people, budget, timing,
swags - and more. We have already did the first step with Fedora
Calendar, FedMsg - but at least we need an good distributed inventory.
We have made a lot of discussion between the HU community, and we
think that trac and wiki is a bit weak for coordination such big
community. So, therefore our member Levex (Levente Kurusa -
Levex at fedoraproject.org) has begun to build it. He called it simply
FedInv, and he has big plans to what's need to be implemented. You can
find the temporary site at http://fedinv.ilevex.eu/ . For source code
you can ask from his github repository.

Sadly he doing it alone currently, but would be great to have someone
who has python or django skills, and join to help out if someone is
interested.

If we targeting and planning right within this tool, we think then we
can gain huge advantages, and much-much better flexibility within the
community where the FPL and top to bottom of the community can benefit
from it.

Thanks,

Zoltan Hoppar (zoltanh721)
Fedora Project HULUG