A Modest FOSCo Proposal

Remy DeCausemaker rdecause at redhat.com
Wed Apr 29 17:37:48 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

I can certainly add this to the wiki. The Community ______ Team would eventually end up as a new subproject, but for now, is there a place where proposals live on the wiki, or this proposal specifically should live?

> * The Diversity Advisor is not a hire, AIUI, but a community position.
> We might want to correct that in the document. The code of conduct &
> diversity should probably be jointly owned/maintained by the Council and
> FOSCo.

Duly noted, I will change "hire" to "advisor" in the proposal.

I added this section as a "perhaps," and should have added a question mark for empasis. I def didn't want to add it as an official role until after the Diversity Advisor is able to provide input.

I am proposing that this point *not* be a part of FOSCo, and instead be a major priority of the Community _______ Team.

> That part could use more detail. I think it's partially addressed by the
> Comarch idea, but not quite as much as I'd hope.

Marketing is probably one of the most important subprojects for figuring out how to do this properly. I am certainly all for getting much more fine-grained on the strategy, once we've gotten this organization vehicle existing and on the right track.

> Should we spell out explicitly the goals for FOSCo/Comarch, and how
> we'll know if they succeed (or failed)? I note you addressed metrics
> here, which is good, but more as an output for other efforts.

Aside from the question of whether or not FAMSCo is ok with the council handling major budgetary decisions (see earlier reply on this thread) none of the things listed in the proposal would be part of FOSCo (outside of their regular delegation, should they choose to field one or more.)

The "things the Community ______ Team will help with" in the proposal are more of a statement of priorities and direction than goals. Once we've decided on those, then specific goals should absolutely be identified on a yearly or quarterly basis, ideally with milestones, tickets, and action items targeting specific goals.

Thank you for your feedback jzb, and I will add "putting this proposal onto the wiki" onto my task list.
--RemyD.

--
Remy DeCausemaker
<decause at redhat.com>