getting things rolling again

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 29 01:21:58 UTC 2015

Okay, so, kind of quiet in here. This has been largely on me, with a
slow start to the new year -- vacation, sick kid, sick *me*, blizzard,
and now travel, travel, travel. So so many excuses. But, ah well,
moving on. :) I think most or all of the current council will be at
DevConf.cz in Brno in a week or two, so we should definitely meet in
person and talk at that point. But we're accumulating a number of other
things to talk about too, and we also don't want to hold the action to
in-person meetings. So, things to talk about, in no particular order:

1. Fedora project objectives, including the next-phase-of-products one
   we're 95% of the way towards officially endorsing (I know I owe
   y'all an update on that proposal -- I'll put it in the wiki), but
   also we have slots for several more. What should go in those? I'm
   to see a proposal around containerization. But what else?

2. Diversity advisor -- I'm planning to put together a search committee
   for this, and will ask for volunteers for that soon.

3. The Outreach steering committee -- progress, status, etc.

4. Community Working Group.... does not seem very active, but we've got
   a number of contentious personal issues which could be worked on.
   What to do?

And others?

--
Matthew Miller