Budget requested for G11N FAD 2015

Pravin Satpute pravins at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 1 20:01:49 UTC 2015

Hi Council members,

    Globalization is definitely important but in recent FUDCon APAC 2015
it further strengthen this point when couple of people (Tibet and
Marathi) requested for localized version of Fedora to increase Fedora
adoption in there reason.

    To complete few long pending task and plan for future development
Fedora G11N group has proposed FAD. [1]  We are discussing this idea
from last 3 months. Most of the things now are in shape.  AFAIK in
Fedora history we never had any FAD targeting G11N. I believe G11N FAD
will show community Fedora's interest in globalization and can help to
get community of users and developers from non-english speaking countries.

    Proposed budget is $7000 (Travel+Social Event). We are optimistic to
get Stay sponsorship from Red Hat G11N group and also thinking to manage
local cost from attendees own pocket. One more plus point this FAD is
just happening after OpenStack summit At Tokyo [2], so there is chance
to get some more contribution/attendees for it.

   Please guide us for how we can further improve our FAD and also let
us know if we can get budget approval for same.

Thanks,
Pravin Satpute
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pravins

1. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_G11N_2015