[council] #37: Need permission to create and use Fedora pad to provide certificates for unpaid internship

council trac at fedorahosted.org
Mon Jul 6 16:59:13 UTC 2015

#37: Need permission to create and use Fedora pad to provide certificates for
unpaid internship
---------------------+-------------------
 Reporter:  kushal   |     Owner:
Component:  General  |  Keywords:
---------------------+-------------------
 In India many engineering colleges asks their students to work on projects
 as part of internship program (sometimes as summer internship). Most of
 the time these internships are unpaid, and not a full time one.

 In the case of completion of the internship, they need a certificate
 letter explaining their work, printed on a formal looking pad.

 I need permission from council to create one such pad design with help
 from design team, and then use it to provide certificate to any such
 student who will help Fedora project.

 Certificates are must in most of the colleges, and that is why many of the
 students can not work on anything related to FOSS projects. By allowing
 this, we can start getting more contributors from the colleges (in India
 and other similar places).

 How to measure success of the internship work?

 We will make sure that the student understand, and work with upstream
 Fedora community only. This way each subproject can actually measure the
 impact of the work from the students. We will have at least one mentor per
 student project (sometimes they might work in groups).

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/council/ticket/37>
council <https://fedorahosted.org/council>