Budget requested for G11N FAD 2015

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 21:36:05 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 01:31:49AM +0530, Pravin Satpute wrote:
> Hi Council members,
>
>     Globalization is definitely important but in recent FUDCon APAC 2015
> it further strengthen this point when couple of people (Tibet and
> Marathi) requested for localized version of Fedora to increase Fedora
> adoption in there reason.
>
>     To complete few long pending task and plan for future development
> Fedora G11N group has proposed FAD. [1]  We are discussing this idea
> from last 3 months. Most of the things now are in shape.  AFAIK in
> Fedora history we never had any FAD targeting G11N. I believe G11N FAD
> will show community Fedora's interest in globalization and can help to
> get community of users and developers from non-english speaking countries.
>
>     Proposed budget is $7000 (Travel+Social Event). We are optimistic to
> get Stay sponsorship from Red Hat G11N group and also thinking to manage
> local cost from attendees own pocket. One more plus point this FAD is
> just happening after OpenStack summit At Tokyo [2], so there is chance
> to get some more contribution/attendees for it.
>
>    Please guide us for how we can further improve our FAD and also let
> us know if we can get budget approval for same.
>
> Thanks,
> Pravin Satpute
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pravins
>
> 1. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_G11N_2015
> 2. https://www.openstack.org/summit/tokyo-2015/

Hi Pravin,

Even though I'm not part of the Council, I saw your ticket opened on
the council Trac about this event and took another look at your G11N
FAD page.  The original request may have slipped under the radar
because it came during a time when some people were on holiday.

Council folks: Is there any Council input required on this FAD for it
to be approved?  If not, I would ask that the Council put this on
their agenda to approve at the next meeting.  If so, er... have at it!
:-)