[council] #37: Need permission to create and use Fedora pad to provide certificates for unpaid internship

council trac at fedorahosted.org
Tue Jul 21 19:33:30 UTC 2015

#37: Need permission to create and use Fedora pad to provide certificates for
unpaid internship
---------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  kushal   |       Owner:

Comment (by jwboyer):

 Replying to [comment:12 mattdm]:
 > Replying to [comment:11 decause]:
 > > There is a Fedora Mentors List, but I'm not sure how active it is, or
 if it is even the right place for this (It seems to be named properly at
 the very least.)

 > Looks like that's an idea that never took off in 2005; gdk tried to get
 it going sometime in 2006 and that didn't take either. But, seems like a
 decent place to start anyway... maybe _this_ time it'll work. (Actually
 serious; the difference being precisely because of having a formalized
 program behind it.)

 Maybe.

 > > Perhaps I would also add that proposals get posted publicly somewhere
 (Mentor List, other lists directly related to project work, a new page on
 the wiki) so students can get feedback and exposure?

 > 1. Have a formal, written proposal with goals and deadlines.
 > 2. Have this approved by a Fedora mentor (at which point it will be
 posted to the Fedora contributor blog)
 > 3. Have completed the work, as assessed by that mentor.

 Sure, that seems fine.

 My only concern with this whole concept is that we're going to run very
 short on Mentors and find ourselves in the same situation we currently
 have with packaging sponsors.

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/council/ticket/37#comment:13>
council <https://fedorahosted.org/council>