"Desktop distributions that are strongly favored by users with servers"

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 1 18:15:17 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 01, 2015 at 10:46:58AM -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> >  Desktop distributions that are strongly favored by users with servers
> >     Gentoo (81%)
> > It'll be interesting to see how the 2015 results compare. (Um, please
> > resist the urge to stack the survey....)
> I would say that from that one line it is already stacked. The number of
> Gentoo users has been falling for years and seeing it above the one most of
> the users went to (Arch) says that there was already a push to make sure
> someone's distro is on top no matter what.

Ah, sorry, those numbers are misleading out of context. The number is
percentage of users _of that distro on non-server systems_ who also run
(any distro of) Linux on server systems. It is not overall share (where
Arch and Ubuntu still lead, at 23% and 20% respectively (compared to
Fedora's 7% and Gentoo's 2%).

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>