wording change in trademark delegation policy

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 7 13:50:45 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 09:24:07AM -0400, Tom Callaway wrote:
> > We have a policy for possibly delegating trademark approval to various
> > SIGs. <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Trademark_approval_policy>. I'd
> > like to update "SIG" to read something like "SIG, Working Group, or
> > other Fedora committee or team". Any objections?
>
> I'd like there to be some sort of Fedora Legal veto in there. I don't
> anticipate ever having to use it, but I don't want anyone to think it
> doesn't exist.

That seems basically reasonable. Wouldn't, however, that be a part of
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Trademark_guidelines>? It
actually does not seem to be; currently, that document says approval is
granted by the Council without any mention of a separate veto.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>